The Viasat Group uses the web and some of the major social media to disseminate institutional and business content through its websites (www.viasatgroup.it; www.viasatonline.it; www.viasatfleet.com; www.viasatapps; www.guidallasicurezza.it) which are the repositories of information and communications of public interest addressed to customers, stakeholders and the general public.
Social media are used for purposes of general interest, to inform, communicate, listen and encourage participation, debate and dialogue with citizens and users, with a view to transparency and sharing.
You can find us on the following social channels:
Twitter Viasat Group S.p.A.: twitter.com/viasatgroup
Twitter Viasatonline: twitter.com/viasatonline
Twitter Viasat Fleet: twitter.com/viasatfleet
This document sets out guidelines ("netiquette") for the use of social media. Social media are used in compliance with the ethical values of the Viasat Group and with current regulations.
The official channels of the Viasat Group are managed by the Corporate Marketing & Communication function.
Through our social channels, we publish different types of communication-related content on activities, solutions, systems and services provided, press releases, information on initiatives and events, images and institutional videos, at an international, national and local level, with the aim of spreading the culture of satellite telematics and promoting solutions made by Viasat. In addition, we use social media as a privileged communication channel to collect comments, requests, questions, criticism and suggestions.
We use photographs, infographics, videos and other multimedia material for the production of our content, and we hold the relevant license rights. The images are licensed from the online databases Fotolia (fotolia.com/) and 123F (123rf.com/). The contents of websites and those disseminated through social media can be freely reproduced, citing the source of the original reference channel.
Taking advantage of the opportunities typically offered by these services, we occasionally share and repost content and messages of public interest and utility created by third parties after verifying the reliability of the source.
The social channels of the Viasat Group are spaces created to communicate, inform and interact. They are moderated from Monday to Friday, according to working hours. There is no provision for preventive moderation: everyone can express their opinion fairly and sensibly, based on verifiable facts and respecting the opinions of others; insults, inappropriate language, threats or attitudes that violate personal dignity, the rights of minorities and minors and the principles of freedom and equality will not be tolerated. The Viasat Group invites you to have an educated, relevant and respectful conversation.
In our spaces, you will not be allowed to share comments/contents that are discriminatory or offensive towards other users, be they part of the discussion or not, or towards organizations, associations, companies or the managers or moderators of our social channels, for any reason.
The moderation of our channel administrators is aimed solely at limiting any behavior that is contrary to the rules of use.
Specifically, we will remove all posts, comments, or multimedia materials that:
- have a political/propagandistic content
- aim to promote commercial and profit-making activities
- contain inappropriate language and/or a threatening, violent, vulgar or disrespectful tone
- have content which is illegal or which incites illegal activities
- have content that is offensive, deceptive, alarmist, or in violation of the rights of third parties; disclose personal data and information or that can cause damage or harm the reputation of third parties
- have content which is obscene, pornographic or child pornographic, or which offends the common morals and sensitivities of users
- have content that discriminates against gender, race, ethnicity, language, religious beliefs, political opinions, sexual orientation, age, personal and social conditions
- promote or support illegal activities, activities that violate copyright, or activities that misuse a registered trademark
- information that may compromise the security or safety of public systems
- content that can be classified as spam
Therefore, we reserve the right to remove any content that violates the rules of this social media policy or any applicable law.
In the most serious cases, and in particular in case of non-compliance with the shared rules, in addition to deleting the content, we will remove users from our spaces, report them to the moderation filters of the host social network and possibly the law enforcement agencies responsible.